The final programming phase of the RCS Next Generation Network project is about to commence. This phase will restore a uniform approach to RCS user radio configuration. The uniform approach was disrupted by the combination of the 800 MHz Rebanding Project and the RCS NextGen infrastructure replacement project.
This programming phase will make the following changes to your radio(s).
- Removes all old (legacy) system information from your radio
- Restores correct functionality to your HOME button
- Add any updates and requested changes to your fleet map
- Add Zone 12, 8M2, 7M1 and 7M2 to all fire radios
- Adds Zone 7M1 to all Law Enforcement radios
- Returns the CARS channel designations from alpha (A, B, C) to numeric (1,2,3)
- Removes all asterisks or stars (*) from the radio display
- Installs important updates to the TRF system programming
These changes will not impact communications operations. We highly recommended that entire agencies be done at the same time to ensure conformity of the radio displays. Your agency Liaisons will be contacted to set up a time period for your agency to be programmed. This process will be otherwise similar to the past 3 programming phases. Thank you for participating in the Next Gen transition program!
For any questions please contact
Bob Erickson, Wireless Services Division firstname.lastname@example.org (858) 694-3278
Steve Carney, Motorola Solutions Inc. email@example.com (850) 745-0943